- What are the events at Skechers Performance Goa River Marathon 2018?
- Full Marathon(42.2 kms), Half Marathon (21.1 kms), 10k and 5KM CHARITY FUN WALK or RUN
- When is the Skechers Performance Goa River Marathon 2018 event? What are the timings?
- The event is scheduled for Sunday, 09th Dec, 2018.
The Marathon starts first at 4:30 a.m.
Half marathon starts at 6:00 a.m.
10K competitive run starts at 07:30 a.m.
The 5K event starts at 9 a.m.
- Where is the event going to be conducted?
- Will there be traffic on the road?
- All traffic along the race route will be halted for six-and-a-half hours from start (04:30 a.m.). After that i.e. after 10:30 A.M., there will be partial traffic in many places and thereafter full traffic will be open.
Any participant running with the event bib after 11:00 A.M. that will be lifted off the course on our vehicles. This is being done for the safety of the participants and under orders of the local law authorities.
- Will all participants receive a timing certificate?
- Eligibility for the timing certificate:
For marathon: cross finish line within six-and-half hours from start. Half marathon : 3.15 hours. 10KM : 1.45 hours. Timing mats will be removed at 11:00 AM
- How do I register?
- You can register online by clicking on the registration link and paying through a choice of Debit Card / Credit Card or Net Banking.
- What does the Registration fee cover?
- The fee covers entry to the event and the 'Goodie bag'. Post-event breakfast and an hour long live music entertainment is included.
- Will my name be printed on my bib?
- Yes, provided you register before 25-Novemeber.
- Will prizes be announced after race?
- While top 3 in Open Category will be announced immediately, the next three will be announced after two days.
- Will there be a 'Goodie Bag' and what will be in it?
- Yes - Participants of Full, Half Marathon and 10K timed run will receive a bib, a Grm T-Shirt, and a timing chip. 5K participants will receive a bib and a complementary good quality dri fit T-shirt.
- If I register under Early bird offer will I get the same Race kit like other participants?
- All the registered participants will get the same race kit with the same contents.
- Where is the bib collection center? And when will the bibs be issued?
- The bib collection center will be at Ravindra Bhavan, Baina Beach, Vasco da Gama, Goa. Click here for Google map.
Note: The race venue is different from the Expo & Bib collection venue.
To collect your racer kit, please carry :
1. Your registration confirmation email / SMS
2. ID Proof with address.
Your racer kit and Bibs will be distributed on these dates and times:
Date : 7th December 2018 between 11 am to 0700 pm
8th December between 0930 am to 0700 pm.
In case you cannot make it at the above times please authorize your friend to collect same on your behalf with:
1. Authorization letter signed by you
2. Copy of your registration confirmation email
3. Copy of ID proof
- Can I register manually (offline)?
- Is there a minimum/maximum age for participants?
- For the Full Marathon and Half Marathon the minimum age to participate is 18 years. 10k the minimum age to participate is 13 years. For the 5KM CHARITY FUN WALK-RUN,
children up to 12 years of age to be accompanied by adults and not be eligible for a T-shirt. We are providing adult 'Small' sized T-shirts to children 12 years and above.
- What is the last date of registration?
- Last date for the 5KM FUN WALK-RUN is 08th December. Registration for all other categories will close on 05th December. We request you to register early and not wait till the end. Only those who register before 25-Novemeber will have their names
printed on their bib.
- Can I transfer/cancel my registration? Will there be any refund?
- Sorry, no cancellations are possible and registration fees are non-refundable.
- Can I change my category once I have registered? For example, if I have registered for the Half Marathon, can I now change to a 5K event? Or vice versa?
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try our best to help you out.
- Oops! I have made a mistake in one of my registration fields. How do I correct it?
- Please send an email to email@example.com with the correct details and we will update it.
- There was a problem during registration. I have been charged but I did not receive a confirmation. What should I do?
- Under exceptional cases, in case the transaction failed at the payment gateway stage, and if the money was debited but a confirmation was not generated, the money will be credited back to your account within 3 working days automatically.
However, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your registration - date of registration, name and your mail id and we will follow up to ensure the problem is tracked and closed.