- 2017: Grm at the Bangalore Ultra Run 2017
Team Goarivermarathon @ Bangalore Ultra Run 2017 :
Dinesh Heda 100Km, Robert Shane Vaz - 100Km, Ayesha Pinto - 75Km, Abhijeet Salkar - 50Km, Krishna Joshi - 50Km, Mukund Shinde - 50Km, Sunil Shrivastavaa -50Km...
Follow the story (Newspaper clipping attached).
- 2017: Suresh Raina, Kavita Tungar announce SKECHERS PERFORMANCE GOA RIVER MARATHON 8th Edition
- ‘Skechers Performance' Goa River Marathon (SPGRM), one of the top 5 marathons of India organised by Vasco Sports Club, 42 Kilometre-run will be held on December 10. This will be the 8th edition of GRM.
Kavita Tungar, Skechers Elite Athlete said: "Being associated with Skechers performance has always been a rewarding experience. The brand has always helped me to elevate my performance by bringing in the best running shoes which really make a difference to my game. It is important to be on top of my game, with the Skechers Performance Goa River Marathon has now become a global platform for all the professional athletes for long distance event."
Commenting on Skechers Performance's partnership with Skechers Performance Goa River Marathon, Rahul Vira, Chief Executive Office, Skechers India said, "We are happy to partner with the Skechers Performance Goa River Marathon 2017. Our collaboration demonstrates our dedication to the runners of all the levels, ranging from beginners in the sports to the elite athletes. With the 5th year milestone of our journey in India we will continue being committed to the ‘Strive to Achieve' attitude by bringing in new range of shoes that will inspire and help athletes experience running and walking in all its forms".
- 2017: 500 Participate in First Promo Run of 2017
- A total of 500 runners took part in the promotional run for the 2017 Goa River Marathon (GRM) held at Verna, IDC office compound premises.
The run was held on 03-Sep-2017 - a Sunday and it received a very enthusiastic response from runners in Goa and clubs such as Fitness Freaks, Mapusa.
The promo-run was held for distances of 5km, 10km, 16km and 25km besides a 5KM walk.
- 2017: Coach to 10K FREE Professional Training
- Goa River Marathon (Grm) has designed a programme to train aspiring runners to get from zero fitness to 10 Kilometer running.
Anyone can do it even if they have done little or no running since school. Aspiring runners will learn running techniques and be able to reach the 10K finish line if they follow the program week by week.
In fact, they will be able to enter 10K runs at popular running events including Goa River Marathon.
The training will be conducted by experts who have each run dozzens of marathons competitively. No pressure! Professionals will take it slow and easy with attention to each intending runner.
No age bar, no gender bar! From a medical and physical point of view, aspiring runners should be able to run - that is all.