- 2016: A "How to" training workshop
- 'Transition' A "How to" training workshop to help half marathoners migrate to full marathon and, "Women and running - Moms can run too" was held at Dr Ozler Forum, Vasco, Goa.
The sessions were conducted by Sunil & Sangeeta Shetty who have been running for 14 years and are well known in the country for Ultra distance running. They have run distances like 75,000 Km, 100,000 Km, 12-Hour races, 24-hour rces and recently, even a 36-hour race. Most of the time they end up on the podium in whichever race they participate. Their names also figure in the Limca Book of Records.
- 2016: 2nd Promo Run - Ravindra Bhavan, Curchorem, South Goa.
- Despite very heavy rains on 28th Aug, Goa River Marathon and NEB Sports were surprised by the 400 participants that turned up at the event venue. Additionally FREE transport was arranged from Margao and Ponda to Ravindra Bhavan, Curchorem in South Goa.
Given that most were first time runners, the promo began with a Zumba session i.e. exercise to loosen up the limbs and prepare for a run. T-Shirts were distributed and running techniques discussed and then the run began. This promo run had a lot of very young boys from a local school and they not only ran the entire distance with ease they even had a lot of energy left over. Goa River Marathon is definitely eager to see these boys get professionally trained to be future marathon runners. This promo run also saw several father-son, father-daughter and even one whole family of runners. The future definitely looks bright.
The promo ended with a hearty breakfast that everyone enjoyed and carried home long-lasting memories.
- 2016: 1st Promo Run of the Season - Gasper Dias Club, Miramar, Panaji, Goa
- Goa River Marathon inaugurated the 2016 sports season with a grand spectacle in the form of a promo organized by Goa River Marathon and NEB Sports at the Gasper Dias Club, Miramar, Panaji, Goa. Over 500 participated and were presented with FREE T-shirts and a hearty breakfast.
The promo run began with an exercise session on how to loosen up the limbs and prepare for a run. As usual, the event organisers were on the lookout for prospective marathon runners who will trained by top marathon and fitness experts at the workshops being conducted regularly.
Given that over 500 participated and that there was a lot of interaction between the participants and the organisers, the event was a grand success.
- 2016: Vasco Sports Club Partners with NEB Sports, Bangalore
- NEB Sports brings to the table years of experience and expertise in organizing high-profile, high-impact sporting activities through out India. Through this partnership it is hoped that the uniquely positioned Goa River Marathon will be more visible, more innovative and offer higher prize money in the years ahead.
- 2016: Vasco Sports Club (Organizers of Grm), Selected to Organize Goa Going Pink
- Goa Going Pink is a Women's Only Run for Women's Health and Breast Cancer Awareness under the umbrella of India Going Pink (www.indiagoingpink.com).
India Going Pink is a concept initiated by United Sister's Foundation, which conducts Pinkathon (www.pinkathon.in), a Women's 10k Run for Breast Cancer Awareness.
Goa Going Pink is a model run under Pinkathon's umbrella to take the awareness to all the other cities and towns in India to make women adopt healthier lifestyles and have a positive attitude towards life.
MiracleMunj and Vasco Sports Club conduced this run in association with United Sisters Foundation (USF), an NGO working for empowering Women through fitness initiatives, and the organiser of the Pinkathon, India's biggest women's run, the concept of Pinkathon and India. The first edition in Goa was held at the Indoor Sports Complex, Panaji on Sunday, April 17th, 2016.
Goa Going Pink has received huge response from corporate sponsors like the USF, Cidade Goa, GTDC, Air India, Amway, MiracleMunj,Vasco Sports Club, Muskan NGO and Apollo Hospitals.