- What are the events at Goa River Marathon?
- Full Marathon(42.195 kms), Half Marathon (21.097 kms), 10k and 5KM FUN WALK or RUN
- When is the Goa River Marathon event? What are the timings?
- This year's event is scheduled for Sunday, 17th Nov, 2019.
The Marathon starts first at 4:30 a.m.
Half marathon starts at 5:30 a.m.
10K competitive run starts at 06:15 a.m.
The 5K event starts at 9 a.m.
Participants need to be at the venue at least 30 minutes before the start.
- Where is the event going to be conducted?
- Will there be traffic on the road?
- All traffic along the race route will be halted for six-and-a-half hours from 04:30 a.m.. After that i.e. after 10:30 A.M., there will be partial traffic in many places and thereafter full traffic will be open.
Any participant running with the event bib after 11:00 A.M. that will be lifted off the course on our vehicles. This is being done for the safety of the participants and under orders of the local law authorities.
- Will all participants receive a timing certificate?
- Eligibility for the timing certificate:
For marathon: cross the finish line within six-and-half hours from start.
Half marathon : 3.15 hours,
10KM : 1.45 hours.
Timing mats will be removed at 11:00 AM
- How do I register?
- You can register online by clicking on the registration link and paying through a choice of Debit Card / Credit Card or Net Banking.
- What does the Registration fee cover?
- It covers your right to participate in the marathon and make use of all event related facilities including emergency physiotherapy at race venue. The fee also
includes a limited edition event T-Shirt, an engraved medal. Only those who register by 10-Oct-2019 will be eligible to have their name printed on the bib.
- Will my name be printed on my bib?
- Yes, provided you register by 10-Oct-2019.
- Will prizes be announced after race?
- Only Open Category prizes of all events will be declared on the day of the event.
Age category prizes will be announced after 3 days and distributed within a fortnight from the date of the event.
Prize winners In the open age category, should necessarily provide details of bank accounts in India.
- Will there be a 'Goodie Bag' and what will be in it?
- Yes - Participants of the Goa River Marathon, Half Marathon and 10K timed run will receive a bib, a limited edition specially printed T-Shirt, and a timing chip. 5K participants will receive a bib and a complementary good quality dri-fit T-shirt.
- If I register under Early bird offer will I get the same Race kit like other participants?
- All the registered participants will get the same race kit with the same contents.
- Where is the bib collection center? And when will the bibs be issued?
- The bib collection center will be at Ravindra Bhavan, Baina Beach, Vasco da Gama, Goa. Click here for Google map.
Note: The race venue
is different from the Expo & Bib collection venue.
To collect your race kit, please carry :
1. Your registration confirmation email / SMS
2. ID Proof with address.
Your race kit and Bibs will be distributed on these dates and times:
Date : 15th Nov 2019 between 11 am to 0700 pm
16th Nov between 0930 am to 0700 pm.
In case you cannot make it at the above times please authorize your friend to collect same on your behalf with:
1. Authorization letter signed by you
2. Copy of your registration confirmation email
3. Copy of ID proof
- Can I register manually (offline)?
- You can register manually for the 5Km walk-run during the EXPO. Forms too will be available during the EXPO. Registration for other categories is subject to availability.
- Is there a minimum/maximum age for participants?
- For the Full Marathon and Half Marathon the minimum age to participate is 18 years. 10k the minimum age to participate is 13 years. For the 5KM CHARITY FUN WALK-RUN,
children up to 12 years of age to be accompanied by adults and not be eligible for a T-shirt. We are providing adult 'Small' sized T-shirts to children 12 years and above.
- What is the last date of registration?
- Last date for the 5KM FUN WALK-RUN is 14th November 2019 (Online) and spot registrations will be accepted at the Expo Venue on 15th & 16th Nov.
Registration for all other categories will close on 10th November. We request you to register early and not wait till the end. Only those who register before 17-October will have their names
printed on their bib.
- Can I transfer/cancel my registration? Will there be any refund?
- Sorry, no cancellations are possible and registration fees are non-refundable.
- Can I change my category once I have registered? For example, if I have registered for the Half Marathon, can I now change to a 5K event?
- Please send an email to email@example.com and we will try our best to help you out.
- Oops! I have made a mistake in one of my registration fields. How do I correct it?
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the correct details and we will update it.
- There was a problem during registration. I have been charged but I did not receive a confirmation. What should I do?
- In case the transaction failed at the payment gateway stage, and if the money was debited but a confirmation was not generated, the payment gateway staff will do their best to trace the payment to the participant. In case they cannot,
the money will be credited back to your account within 3 working days. However, please email email@example.com with details of your registration - date of registration, name and your mail id and we will follow up to ensure
the problem is tracked and closed.